Tuesday, September 16, 2014

being fit means.....

My name is Corrine. I am not a professional blogger, but I am a mom, runner, cyclist, group fitness instructor, and a friend. I also have some big fitness and personal goals set for myself and I love the idea of having a #fitfam to help me along my journey.


Being fit means...
     Being fit means a lot to me. Its what makes me, "me." Let me explain. I was born the third child. I came out a fighter. (may have to do with the 3rd child syndrome.) I had two amazing siblings to keep up with and I was not going to be left behind.
 I loved basketball. I was always the point guard. Yep that's me going up for a layup.
 Oh my word look at those bangs!!!
I played softball and waterskied and tried out some volleyball. I was the first kid on the block to have a mountain bike and I rode it without a helmet down a big hill called big daddy!!
I loved it.
Then I hit those awkward years and my confidence melted away. I shied away from the things that I loved for fear that I wouldn't make the team and that others would make fun of me. So I quit!!!!! WHAT!!!!
 
Never will those words be allowed to stop me from doing what I love. NEVER SAY QUIT!!
So now days I tell myself try it who cares if you fail you never know you may end up loving it!!!
   So now being fit truly is my way of life. I can't imagine my life without being active in some sort of capacity. I love to run, and bike and water ski!! This year I set a goal to become a fitness instructor and now I teach cycle and core and flex at the university if Oregon and I also teach PIYO my new found love.
 
Like I said at the beginning I have some big goals in store and would love to join this #fitfam so we can help each other reach our goals.
 
So excited to link up with you
Corrine


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking with us!! Great post! I love your positive way of thinking! Its so true - you never know what you can accomplish if you don't try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrine, I LOVE your basketball pics! I didn't know this about you! LOVE! You are amazing. From the moment I saw you, I wanted to be your friend, and I'm so glad that wish came true! Love how you love being active, and I LOVE YOU! Thanks for linkin'!

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.