Thursday, March 22, 2012

Excuse me while I chew myself out!!


So this post today is really just for me. You are welcome to read it but I really need to chew myself out. I am really lacking in motivation and am need of a butt kicking.  Feel free to help me out by leaving a comment.

Corrine, what the heck are you doing? Do you remember that you signed up to run 26.2 miles?  Yes that is a freaking long way. You signed up you paid the money and you are going to run this whole race. Don't you remember the last 26.2 miles that you ran? You felt like total crap. Do you really want to feel this way again?
Come on I know that waking up before 5:30 is hard but it is possible. There are hundreds of other people that do it daily. For Pete's sake your husband gets up at 4:30am (that's right 4:30) to get his run in before he goes to work. What the heck is your excuse?  Get the freak up and out of bed you lazy bones. You know that if you put it off life is going to get in the way. You know like today when you woke up to snow and you had four kids that were staying home from school. I think I am going to just start kicking your butt from now on.. Seriously girl how tough are you?
And while we are at it can you please just put the cookies down?  Ya I know that you really like them and they are pretty dang awesome. (you should know you made them) However, you don't need to eat all of them in the same day. Remember you have to carry that butt you are developing 26.2 miles.
Ok, ok, I will give you some credit you have been getting all your running workouts in and for this I do applaud you. I was really proud of you for waking up early last Saturday so you could run 14 miles in the dark by yourself. This just shows you that you can do hard things. Now pick it up or the sweep up wagon is going to be picking you up along the race course.
One more thing. You are a good runner so shoot for the stars and make you goals happen.
 You pinned this for a reason now get up and put in the work girl. You only have two months go and get it.
Like Dorothy says " Find your strong"

Sincerely yourself.

4 comments:

  1. We all need a good butt chewing now and then. I'll just consider this mine, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, well I think you are both awesome! You will feel great Corrine. If I didn't have 2 other girls counting on me to meet them at the wee hours of the morning, I wouldn't be rolling out of bed on a regular basis either. Is your oldest responsible enough for you to leave home sleeping, and listening for your daughter so you can run w/ Kevin in the mornings? I have to admit, mornings I have run w/ Bennett we have left the kids home in their beds.. as long as my oldest knows the night before that he is in charge and if he hears anyone get up, he needs to get up and watch out for them. And we always take a cell phone and run closer to home. Just a thought...running alone is much harder and you are awesomely motivated for doing so much of that! P.S. I'm excited we will both be running the same 26.2 and sending good energy back and forth! The countdown is on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrine - I love your post! We all need a pump yourself up talk. It does help. You will achieve your goals. It is hard to get up in the dark and run but as my husband always says to me when I get to whining about getting up, "Do you ever regret getting up after your done with your run? Do you ever think, man, I wish I had not excercised?" And, of course, the answer is no! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this internal debate all too well. Thanks for sharing your struggles. It makes me feel better about mine:) once I am up and running again, I would love to join you... After marathon training, of course. BTW... I am officially retired:)

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.