Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Shifting into a way different gear!!

So, if you haven't noticed I have. I haven't posted anything for over a week now. Some may wonder why and some of you may not have even noticed.Well, there is good reason I haven't posted. Since March 29th my life has been crazy, and the last two weeks I received even more unexpected news.  My life has changed in the last two weeks and has made me re-think all my goals that I have set for myself this year. I have wanted to post about it and talk about it but wasn't sure how and if I really wanted to post this news to the public.
 However, in two days I am suppose to be running the Newport Marathon. I have told everyone about it and I have been working really hard to get there even with life's bumps that have been thrown my way. Now, I have to tell everyone I am not running Newport. This will be my second Did Not Finish (DNF) for this year and I am not sure how I feel about that. However, on the plus side I did find out that I can't run the Newport Marathon because I am 8 weeks pregnant. Yep, this baby is a miracle. Some how in all this mess of two months Heavenly Father thought this would be the  best time to bless me with a baby.

Now I know there is this unwritten rule that you don't tell anyone this news until you are out of your first trimester. I know some people live hard and fast by this rule and that's okay. The problem with that for me is that in two days people are going to start asking me about my race and I either have to bold face lie to them or just tell them the good news. Now, I know there are still risks and this baby could still miscarry If that happens I know there are people out there that would support me and help me like they have over the past two months.I have always thought it was funny that the first 12 weeks can be the hardest. THese 12 twelve weeks can make a woman incredibly sick, but we as women try so hard to cover this up. "What you just saw me throw up behind that bush? Must have been something I ate. Oh crap I gotta throw up again!" Come on wouldn't it just be better to admit you are pregnant and sick. If others new this wouldn't it make it a lot easier for them to help you?

 Now, I am not a stranger to losing a baby early on. When I was pregnant the last time, which was 8 years ago, I had an ectopic pregnancy. Not only did I lose a baby but I had to have surgery and this added to my infertility. At that time only my family and one close friend new. My family didn't live close by and my sweet friend did support me but I was lonely. I hadn't told anyone so no one knew and not only did I have to recover physically but emotionally too and nobody knew so nobody was there to help.
    So, yep this baby to me is a miracle and no matter what happens as long as I keep faith in my Heavenly Fathers plan I will be just fine. His plan has never failed me yet. If I am thrown another bump in the road in the next few weeks I know He and others will be there to help lift me up. I know that you will shift to a higher gear to help me. Lets be postive and just say I am going to be just fine. I still will need your help. I have been thinking of new goals to set for myself and I will need your help to achieve them. In January I will have a new baby and I know  I will need help then to give me support to handle all the joys and hard work a new baby brings. Plus I will so need your help to lose the baby weight that I am so scared is coming. (I swear you can already tell I am pregnant. Totally scary.)

So, right now I am totally shifting into a different and higher gear. I still plan on covering some ground so I hope you will find ways in your life to shift gears and cover ground with me over the next 9 months. 

Keep shifting.

Corrine

Because of my history I have already been to the doctor. We saw our little bean and saw a strong heart beat.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats, Corrine and family! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! Many prayers headed your way...babies rule

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying Praying Praying !!!! Happy and Hoping for NO DNF for this fantastic race !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! SO HAPPY for you!

    Brenley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I was secretly hoping that this was why your life had changed so dramatically...I love miracles. I'll be praying and hoping that you get to mother this sweet little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post. I love the part where you said "His plan has never failed you." so true, and His plan is definitely what shifting to a higher gear is all about. thanks for your constantly positive attitude and great example!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm crying!!! What a wonderful, heaven-sent miracle! I am so joyful for you. I love your family. You looked beautiful tonight, and I couldn't put my finger on how...I mean you're always beautiful but this is different...and such a cool different. I hope this makes sense. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful miracle! This baby is so blessed to be coming to your family. You are a wonderful mother. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea!! I'm so happy for you Corrine! Newport will be here every year and I'll just have to come run it again so we can run together! Babies are way more exciting than running 26.2 miles. Pregnancy is it's own marathon anyway! I'm getting nervous and secretly wishing I was pregnant and could reschedule. :) Is Kevin still running? Text or call me when you get a chance, we're here.... Prayers and hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought that this poem matched what you had to say:

    OF THE MYSTERIES
    I know only as much of God and the world
    As a creature with two eyes must;
    But what I do understand I love,
    And what I don't understand, I trust.
    Carol Lynn Pearson

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.