Monday, April 30, 2012

Mean well Mondays!!

Yummy. How can you resist?
     
     Oh Oh Oh Oreos they have the right stuff! (oh come on all you New Kid on the Block fans you know the tune.)  Yep I love those darn cookies. I had a week moment over the weekend. I went to the store to get things to make a salad to take to a BBQ and wouldn't you know it Oreo's were on sale. If you bought a gallon of milk they were even cheaper. Hey, I needed milk why not grab the Oreo's too. The kids will love them and I will just have two after dinner.
YA, RIGHT. Who am I kidding. Those darn cookies that get stuck in your teeth and have that smooth white creamy stuffing who really can resist?  Apparently not me.
Well guess what, I have a half marathon in two weeks and a full Marathon in four weeks. I am pretty sure that Oreos are not high on the list of training foods.( but dang it they tasted so good) What is a girl to do. I guess I gotta make some changes.
         Mean well Mondays are going to be the day of the week where I set a small goal to work on some of my weaknesses. Yep, I have plenty of those to keep mean well Mondays rolling for a long time. So, for the first mean well Monday I am going to admit to you all that my diet is terrible. I try really hard to eat right but I am a snacker, and I have an enormous sweet tooth. I swear to you that I am not lying. If it has chocolate or resembles a cookie I am pretty sure I am going to eat it. This week I am going to try and make sure that at least one serving of fruit enters my body before sweets do. I am off to a good start I had a banana this morning. (where are those Oreos?)  This goal might seem pretty small and easy for a lot of you out there but for me its a great small goal to work on this week. 


New recipe I tried today:
From Clean eating Magazine

1 cup greek plain greek yogurt
1 banana
2tbsp Natural butter
1 tsp honey

Mix all of the above for a filling breakfast.


I will be honest it wasn't may usual breakfast choice but it was tasty and I did get my fruit in. 
So, now if I can get some fruit at lunch we will be off to a good Monday.

Keep on Shifting those gears higher and higher.

Corrine

8 comments:

  1. You are going to be so surprised your mom is saying this. I have found a good breakfast is Tillamook vanilla bean yoguart and one serving of the snack cup diced peaches mixed together. Yes your mother said yoguart is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice mom. You have changed over from brownies nad cinnamon rolls. Which by the way I would eat too if I had brownies and cinnamon rolls handy.

      Delete
  2. Corrine,
    Have you tried green smoothies to get your fruits and veggies in? . . . I know that they sound disgusting, but really they aren't that bad. I should bring some recipes to you. I add oatmeal to mine and sometimes protein, but always spinach and sometimes a whole apple Somehow, if I can "drink" my breakfast (and get all those good nutrients) it doesn't seem as daunting. I'm just not a breakfast person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried one with the spinach but nothing else. I would love recipes to try more and plus I find smoothies totally take care of my sugar cravings.

      Delete
  3. I love this! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't resist cookies and sweets! Its nice to hear someone else admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oreo's I don't have to worry about but on the other hand for me it would be Texas Sheet Cake, Sugar Cookies, or Coconut Cream Pie. Wish you well with the spinach and yogurt. You could always drink the wheat grass stuff your Grandmother use to stir up or cooked wheat berries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm w/ you on the chocolate, oreos, and cookies! yum! I like to pack smoothies w/ protein and fruit and veggies though too, and that helps satisfy my cravings and help me feel less guilty. You are doing awesome, and don't stress too much over the Oreos! See you soon!! 1 month away!

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.