Monday, May 14, 2012

Trying to make fruit loops

Man alive. Today I find myself in Utah and I just finished a horrible run. I am trying not to get discouraged but after running this morning it makes the goals I have set seem like huge, huge, mountains. Now, I know there are many obstacles I have had to deal with and I am trying to keep that in my view. Let me share with you just a few from the last few days.
      I have been in the car for three days straight for longer than an hour or two at a time.
      I have not been in my own bed.
      My kids have not slept at all/ In fact my nine year old was up all night last night because he knew that big foot was in our bedroom.(thanks Dad for letting him watch that show yesterday)
      I am totally and completely dehydrated. You know when you hit mile two of your run and you would do anything for a drink you have not been drinking enough.
      Had to attend a funeral for my grandma. (the funeral in its self wasn't bad. Glad I could celebrate my grandma's life)
     I live at 400 feet elevation and today find myself somewhere around 4000 feet elevation.
    Its hot today. Not complaining about the sun just not use to it being hot at 9 am.
So add all of these up and you get a crappy run today.I know I need to cut myself some slack but when you have a marathon looming three weeks from now you kinda start questioning yourself on days like today.

Oh well, I am going to make fruit loops out of all this and I am going to Disney Land today. (yep another day in the car but it ends in the happiest place on earth)

Keep shifting gears.
corrine
ps. good luck to all those that are running the Ogden half this weekend. Wish you the best.

1 comment:

  1. I have been having some questions too... I might go see Angie one more time.. I'll feel you in later. Hang in there... we can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.