Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fruit Loops!!

Well when life throws you for a loop its best just to turn it into fruit loops. Yep, then at least you can enjoy something sweet and yummy instead of worrying about the loop in life you have been thrown. So, life threw me another loop. I am suppose to be running the hippie chick half marathon this weekend. I was actually looking forward to it. I wanted to see how well I could do and gauge my marathon off of this half ,but that is not going to happen. I will be trading in my 13.1 mile run for a 12 hour car ride to Idaho. My sweet little 93 year old grandma passed away this last weekend. Yes, it is very sad. I love my grandma. She was one tuff lady, but it was her time and she was ready to go home to her Heavenly Father and all her family who has already gone before her. The good news is that I get to see my family mom, Aunt, Uncle, cousing, siblings. Seeing family is always a great thing.
    Since I won't be racing this weekend I changed up my workouts for the week. Last night I went on a 25 mile bike ride and found this quite road that is one long hill. I have got to be adding a lot more hills to my riding for the triple bypass. Climbing this road was tuff but it felt good. I woke up this AM tired and really didn't want to get out of bed, but I knew I had to. So, I ran on tired legs this morning. I didn't run fast and in fact I didn't even care what my pace was I knew that I just had to run. To me this is good training for a marathon. You have to learn to run when you are physically and mentally tired. In a marathon you have to learn to push threw the tired feelings and keep placing one foot in front of the other until you are finished. Life is like this a lot of times too. We may have to slow down but we have to keep putting one foot in front of the other even when we are tired and just want to quit. I tell you my grandmother was a great example of this. The stories of her sweet life are such and example to me of how you have to keep going and life will get better. My grandmother grew up on the border of Driggs Idaho and Alta Wyoming.  Grandma became really good with riding horses. In fact she was so good that the people of the town hired her to ride their horses in the races that they held on main street in Driggs. One such race my grandmother came to the turn around point and her horse fell. My grandmother quickly got that horse back up on its feet and she still won the race. Right on grandma!!
Grandma started out on horses very young.


So, like I said when life throws you for a loop make fruit loops out of it and keep placing one foot in front of the other and you will come out on top.

Keep shifting gears.
Corrine
P.S. My in box should be full of good things people have done for my spotlight. Lets here it no matter how small you think it may seem. I want to here it. shifttoahighergear@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandma! I think you are done with your "loops" for the year. You deserve smooth sailing from here on out! Will you be in Poky? How long? IF you want to run, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.