Friday, June 1, 2012

New goal starts today!!




I woke up this morning at 3:30am starving. I tried to ignore it but it was making me nausous. So, I had to get up and eat at 4am. Let me tell you that was weird. On the plus side when I got up later today I wasn't nausous and I was able to go for a run. That always makes for a good day!


So today starts a 30 day challenge for me. My diet is terrible. Lets just admit it right here and right now. Well, unless you are think junior mints and cookies fit somewhere in a major food category on the food guide pyramid. I haven't found them there yet. I decided that right now why I am pregnant would be a great time to try and change my eating habits. It will be good for me and my baby. I don't plan on going cold turkey I just plan on making small changes slowly. Step one is as follows:

       So, in an attempt to get more fruits and veggies into my body I am taking the challenge that run to the finish has put out there. One green smoothie a day. The picture looks terribel but I am told that it really is good. What do I have to lose by at least trying it out. I have tried one smoothie with spinach in it and honestly I didn't know the spinach was even in there. So here is the smoothie I am trying today.
I know its not green but it does have spinach in it. I got it off of our best bites.   Looks yummy and even though its not green I am still getting fruits and veggies with it. If you follow along I am going to try and share the smoothies I am drinking this month. Try one I dare you.

Kate's power smoothie

1 cup orange juice (the good stuff not concentrate)
3 tbsp oat groats
3/4 cup fat free vanilla greek yogurt ( I think I have plain in the frigde)
3 cups cup baby spinach leaves
1 1/2 cup frozen bluberries (thank you to the person who lived her before me for planting those bushes)
1 1/2 cup crushed ice

Blend.  You may have to soak the goats in orange juice for a while to soften them up.



I will try it today and let you know how it goes.

Keep shifting gears/
Corrine

2 comments:

  1. Great goal! We have tons of spinach in our garden, so I make a smoothie everyday too and put spinach and carrots (can't really tell either of them are in there), always a banana and berries, and then whatever else I want... so yummy! Great way to get in fruits and veggies. You'll do great... stay healthy and great to see you today! You'll have to email me the pics you took, although after looking at Bennett's I wasn't looking too hot. ;) I swear I felt better than I looked. :) How's Kevin feeling? I'm pretty sore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sell a green drink by,_______ I forget who and it does look terrible but there is enough fruit in it that the taste is okay. I try to drink them when we travel because of all the drive-in food we eat. Adding all this spinach and good stuff, it will be interesting to see if your baby likes cream spinach or later on salads!!

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.