Monday, March 5, 2012

Yesterday was day one sugar free!!

So I started yesterday with my no sugar free for two weeks. Now let me be clear I am allowing natural occuring sugars like those found in fruit and veggies. For the next two weeks I am trying to avoid refined sugar and added sugar that they put in all types of food. I am hoping by going sugar free for two weeks I can prove to myself that I don't need that "treat" and that I can learn to teach myself that one small treat a day is enough or maybe choose to not even have  "treat".  I am hoping to teach myself how to lower the amount of sugar I take in on a daily basis.

So, I have to say day one wasn't that bad. There are already things that I can see that will benefit me from taking on this challenge.
1. The first thing I had to tackle was breakfast. I don't like milk very much so I have been having chocolate milk in the morning. Most days this is my drink after working out. (I have read many things about how chocolate milk is good after a workout) I guess you could say in a way this has become my morning cup of coffee even though I don't drink coffee. It was weird at first not making it and I did miss it but after eating a breakfast burrito (sugar free foods only used) I felt full and ready for the day. 

 2. I can see already how doing this challenge is going to force me to pay attention to what I am eating. You see sugar is in everything and yesterday it forced me to think about what I was eating.  I did eat less yesterday than I do most days. To be honest it cut out a lot of the snacking and grazing that I normally do during the day.

3. I have to say the hardest part about the day was after dinner. After I was finished eating I was full and felt good but I love to put the kids to bed and have a little treat all to myself. It's like the end to the day. Eating my sweet treat with out interruption or without having to share it. (I know how selfish am I?) I thought about how I was feeling and I wasn't hungry so I didn't need to eat anything. Instead of grabbing food I grabbed some water and guess what I survived. ( holy crap I survived one whole day with out a treat.)  I fought off those cravings even while my husband ate a bowl of ice cream right next to me. I was so proud of myself when I went to sleep last night. Here goes to day two!!

Keep running. Corrine

2 comments:

  1. I find myself being able to watch what I eat for the first three days of the week and then it all goes out the window. So the first few days will be ok for me and then I will need someone to hold my hand come Wednesday or Thursday! I have missed my chocolate milk in the morning too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girls! It sounds like you 2 are off to a good start. I do know another gal that cut out refined sugar because her baby was having troubles with nursing. She reported that after cutting out sugar, when she ate a "treat" again it was too sugary for her. She came to like the sweetness of fruits and other more mild sweet things over the pumped up sugary sweets. You gals are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.