Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ragnar Ready!

This Friday my team, "A Bad Case of the Runs" will be racing across the Wasatch Mountains from Logan, Utah to Park City, Utah!  We each will run 3 times.  We start at 11am on Friday and hope to be done by 6:30pm on Saturday. That is if we can all keep our paces as outlined by the Ragnar Staff. Yea right!  I am leg 2, 14, and 26.  Which means I will run around 12pm, 10pm, and 9:30 am Saturday.  My sister is leg 9, 21, 33.  She will run at 6:40 pm, 4:18 am Saturday (which happens to be a no support leg) and at 2:49pm, Saturday. Her last leg starts at an elevation of 5763 ft and climbs for 3.2 miles to 7233 ft! Climbing 1400 ft.! Whew! I'm glad it's her and not me!  The runner after her will climb 1600ft in 4 miles! 

I am excited to be participating in this race and be among the masses.  There are 1100 teams of 12 people, and 20 teams of 6, which means OVER 13,000 runners! Wow, that's about as many people that live in a small town! 

I  love all the camaraderie that comes with being part of a team.   It will be a crazy couple of days, but I think I'm ready.  I have been anticipating this race since last summer and never thought it would actually get here.  I feel good about my training. My body feels stronger and my running is improving.  I'm hoping the excitement will help get me through the tired muscles and lack of sleep.  

Wish us luck!  

2 comments:

  1. That is just so amazing! Can't wait to hear how it goes! You guys will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine doing what you are about to do!! Even when I was your age and in fair shape. The trail/road I would love to see and enjoy the beauty of that back country. Hope you can have sometime to enjoy the scenery & time to your self.

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.