Thursday, May 12, 2011

Let's get Ready to Run!

This Saturday kicks off my first race for the summer.  I'm running a 10k in the M.A.D. running series.  It's a benefit run for Olive Osmond Perpetual Hearing Fund.  I don't think Donny will be there but some of his siblings will be there to put on a benefit concert Friday night.  Moses and Kaylee Kinikini from this season's Biggest Looser will be running, (not sure which race)  but they may take the place of Donny!

I'm not treating this race as a race that I hope to take first place in or get an amazing time.  I am really thinking of it as another run with a number attached to my shirt (or pants if your my dad) and a bunch of other people, with numbers on their shirts will be running it with me! It will be like one big running club! My big focus right now is the Ragnar Relay in June and hoping that I can feed off the excitement at the race.

I'm so excited about my new workout gear! I needed some new summer clothes (some of my favorites from last summer are too big! Yea for me!) and I found some bermuda shorts I love, love, LOVE! They are the Brooks Glyceren Bermuda II.  I am not a short, shorts kind of gal and I don't like things too tight so these are perfect for me. Not to tight and gives me the coverage I need.  The world is NOT ready to see too much of my thighs!


I'm excited to get out there and run and cheer on some of my friends who are also running this Saturday! Go get 'em Ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Love the shorts... where'd you get them? Hope to cross paths on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOOOO HOOOO Hope to see you there! Good LUCK!

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.