Saturday, April 16, 2011

who deserves the title of runner?

Mother of: 2 “beautiful little girls who are my inspiration”
I have decided: ”Runner” is a title you give yourself, and I’m giving to myself now. Anyone can run if they just decide to go and do it.




Okay so these pictures I copied from the blog http://anothermotherrunner.com/ I wanted you to look at these pictures of all sorts of different women who consider themselves runners. What makes somebody a runner? Is it natural born ability, is it mental toughness, is it how far and fast someone can go that makes them a runner? How can one person run a marathon and another only make it around her block? Is the first one a true runner and the other one just a hopeful woman who wants to be a runner? Do you have to have the approval of someone else to tell you that yes you qualify for the title of "runner"?
In my personal opinion anyone who laces up in whatever shoes they choose to wear and heads to the treadmill or out her front door can confidently call herself a runner. That woman that day can hold her head high no matter how far or how fast she is going. She does not need to qualify for Boston or have the approval of anyone to hold her title confidently. I believe that all this woman needs to do is to choose to run and she can consider herself a runner.

"She believed she could, so she did"

Believe in yourself and that is all you need. Believe in what your doing!!!!

Run on my friends!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks I know that's what you keep telling me time and time again and I don't seem to listen, AND I know you get tired of hearing it. I am trying not to be so critical of myself and my abilities. I was reading an article today about Kara Goucher who is running Boston and how she was coming back from pregnancy. She said she tried to get her speed back and was forcing it and it wasn't coming. So she worked on strength and then her speed came. I am "forcing" myself to be the best when all I really need to do is run to be better. Better because I am out there running for myself not running to beat a time or another person. Thanks again coach, I needed the pep talk. "Run on!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo Loved this post.

    YOU push yourself because YOU have YOUR OWN RULE... That is Every day to run faster and try a little harder.

    I can't remember the author, but I love it.

    Run on girlies, run on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.