Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lessons I learned from the Croods

  Yesterday was an interesting day. We started the day great then had a few fits happen and then we got out of the house and went and watched the new movie Croods. I don't know if I just have extra emotions this week or what but this movie made me bawl. I mean total dragon tears and trying hard not to interrupt anyone else with my sobs.  I won't give the movie away but there is a line where the daughter says to her dad, " I have so much to say to you but not enough time"  The tears started running when I realized what was going to happen in this movie.  Thank goodness the movie theathers are dark and I was able to compose myself before the movie was over and the lights came on. 
Today, I got news of a dear old friend from way back from my Alameda Jr. high days had passed away last night. He leaves behind a young family of four kiddos and a wife.  The line from this movie came back to me today. 
These  moments that matter most might seem cheesey as I write about them and encourage you to find your moments, but it really does matter. We can't become like the daughter who waited in the movie and feel like you have so much left to say that you never took the time to say. Life is fragile and we can't risk losing the time with those that we love. We have to make sure we tell them all the things we want to tell them NOW. 

This is the message I shared with my family this week in my family email.  I love it and it says what I am trying to say waaaaay better than I ever could.  Even if we have different faiths this message is for everyone. People matter and we need to find a way to express our love to them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYhDhiojBPA




Keep shifting gears. Corrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.