Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Year Ago Today...


Today marks the day one year ago that I last saw my dad alive. He was helping me choose a water bottle out of his extensive collection for my sister in law for her birthday. I remember standing at the front door ready to leave his house and oh how I wished I would have hugged and kissed him and told him how much I love him. I know he knows I love him. 
I heard this talk (above) by Henry B. Eyring on the way to the hospital as I was going to say my final good bye to my dad. I will never forget this talk as I felt he was talking just to me. Saying the exact words I was feeling at the time. I will never forget that car ride. I can see it so clearly in my mind today. To me this is a reminder that there is a God and He is mindful of me. 
I write today instead of the day he passed because this is how I remember my dad. A man who was healthy and strong, full of life. 

Josie

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if both of you are notified when someone posts or not. So I'm posting the same comment that I did on Corrine's :
    I love to read the posts you and your sister write. Always so impressed with the ability you and your sister have to express your feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.