Sunday, September 26, 2010

Period

yep that is the title of this post and you as a woman know exactly what I mean by it. UGGGG! The things we women have to deal with and it totally affects our running. I felt tired, and heavy yesterday as I ran my six miles. I know they say exercise is suppose to make you feel better during this special time of month but I think they are totally lying. They have to be. Can anyone please explain to me how you are suppose to feel better exercising when you feel tired, bloated and crampy. I think a man must have come up with this one. Man, I sound bitter. I will say that I ran six miles and I did my very best to just run and not worry about what my watch said. I set out with the intention of just running comfortably that morning and I wasn't going to let pace bother me. It was really hard not to look down at my GPS and check my pace out, and I do confess that I did check a couple of times. All in all I did pretty well and I was really glad that I went for a run even though I had to take Aunt flow along.

Heres how the run looked when I was all done:

6 miles

50min 48sec

8:27 average/mile



Need to work on:

Strength- core

flexibility - need to do yoga at least once this week

How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.