Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Starting fresh: Back to Basics!

Well, I have to admit that marathon in June really took the wind from my sails. I had worked so dang hard and then to get injured and have the worst race of my life really made running suck. I still ran this summer but I have to admit it was have hearted. Then last Saturday I woke up and it was raining. I love running in the rain. When it's raining it's quiet and peaceful. As I ran lots of thoughts went through my head. The biggest thing was that I needed to start over, start from the basics and start fresh. That five miles was not my best five miles but I was so glad that I had gone. I came home and looked up some races and figured out a 5k and 10k that I can do and it got me excitied to run this week so yesterday I ran some intervals. They were slower than I had been running them at the beginning of the year butI was okay because I knew when I was done I had given myself a good workout. I can hardly wait until tomorrow go out and do a tempo run. You will have to check back and see how I am doing. Have a great day and keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.