Thursday, February 18, 2010

intervals

Well this morning I woke before the sun was up and put on my running clothes. I never know how to dress here. I am so use to it being cold in the mornings that I usually wear many layers. These layers have turned out to be way to many here. Today I didn't put on as many layers and wouldn't you know it I was FREEZING!! Oh well. I met up with two running buddies and we headed over to the local track for some 800's @ 3:23 pace. I have really been liking the track the past few weeks because it gives me a boost of confindence, but not so much today. Okay, so I ran faster than 3:23 for all of my 800's but my running partners ran even faster. My legs felt very heavy today and I am not sure why. Last week running the mile repeats felt better than the 800's did today. UGGG! Maybe this just isn't me week or something. Isn't it funny how from day to day the way you feel during a work out can vary so much. Does this happen to anyone else I wonder? I wonder if it has anything to do with my baby not sleeping real well the past few nights, or it could do something with my diet. I am not sure but that is why I am keeping a journal maybe I can see a pattern over time and find out what works and what doesn't. I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I did run faster than the time that I had planned but I hate being last I am way to competitive to come in last it totally kills me. Come on self you can do this and meet your goal!! Today I have set eating goals and I did my exercise goals so hopefully this will help. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.