Monday, February 15, 2010

Cookies Cookies Cookies

Holy cow my new name should be miss cookie monster. I love cookies. As long as the cookie doesn't have nuts I will eat it and love it. My favorite are straight from the oven chocolate chips, or snickerdoodles, but wait lets not forget gingerbread, peanut butter, and soft sugar cookies!!! So, why am I talking about cookies on my running blog. Well, first because if I didn't run then I would really be in trouble because of all the cookies that I eat. ( I am being serious here. Cookies are like popcorn to me. I just keep eating them) So, this weekend as I was eating yet another cookie I started to really think about my goal for this marathon. I started contemplating whether all the cookies I eat will really help me get that Boston Qualifing(BQ) time or not. HMMM! This one was a tough one for me, but I decided that cookies will be my treat at the end of the week after completing all of my workouts including the long run!! It is only Monday but I am already asking myself if I can really do this. I might have some withdraw symptoms hit me tonight after dinner when I really will be jonesing for a cookie. Now, I know some people might just think this is silly. Cookies do nothing for them and they don't understand my obsession for them. (ya, right like anyone is really reading anyway) Well, this will be a good thing for me weight wise, training wise, and mentally. I CAN DO THIS!!
After this morning I can now mark off one workout complete and that much closer to my next cookie. I woke up early before the sun was up (which was sad because today was a gorgeous day to run in the sun) and I went for a 7 mile tempo run. My partner and I laughed and felt very confident about this run. After last week we felt 7 miles felt easy and the pace felt normal and not to hard at this point to us. It was a great run and I am excitied about tomorrows workout on the bike and with the weights. Run on and enjoy a cookie for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.