Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Executive Decision!

I've made a decision.  It was rough, but I've made up my mind.  I have decided to run the 10k on May 14th instead of the half and here are my reasons:
  

  • I have noticed that putting on milage my hips are not cooperating. So more adjusting and more strength training.  
  • I think my brain can't handle it! Right now it just seems to overwhelming, and it was making running more of a chore than fun.  I want running to be fun and just for me.  
  • I was talking with my "coach" and she said every time I start focusing more on loosing weight than running I get frustrated.  
  • I talked to the "head coach" (my dad) and he suggested that I need to peak for the Ragnar and not the half which is a month before the Ragnar.   I was using the May 14th race as a stepping stone for the Ragnar so it only makes sense to peak then, right? 
  • Like I said I really needed to get back to running for myself and for the fun of running.  I do want to run a half this summer just after I get my grove back.  
So, here is to a week of running for fun! How do you keep running fun?


3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a 10K... I think that's awesome, and for good reason! I already told my brother this would be my last half til the Just Cuz in Nov, and I'm hopefully going to do a couple of 10k's over the summer too. I think 6 miles is a great distance, and still enjoyable! Yes, keep it fun! I don't know if I have the secret for that, but running w/ friends or my husband is ALWAYS more fun than running alone. Some good, happy music keeps it enjoyable for me too! See you in May (or hopefully sooner)!!
    Oh, and good luck with the Ragnar.. exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excuse me but when did dad become "head coach" is it just because he is older or what. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Go!!!! Sorry I am a follower twice LOL! Im not sure how that happened!!

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.