Saturday, November 12, 2011

new view = smarter perspective

Part of pre's trail.
Okay like my sister I have been MIA from blog world but not the running world. You see my running this year has been sub par for my standards and it was getting me down. My foot has been bothering me and I may have to have surgery and it just seems like my runs are work instead of fun like they usually are. My life has also been busier.  So needless to say my motivation has been low. I had big dreams this year. I really wanted to run a marathon and try to PR but with my foot I decided with the help of my physical therapist to back out on any marathons this year. I took the summer easy and kind of started from scratch with my running.I had plans to run a half marathon this month but found out the one I had been planning on got changed and I was not able to run it. This really didn't help the motivation department.  However, today I went for a run on an old trail that I haven't been on it while. If you have been to Eugene you may know of Pre's trail. I drove to it today and had the best run ever. Running on the soft bark and next to the river I found myself enjoying my run today. My thoughts where even great. I decided that it is okay that I am not running this massive big races but I am still running. There are a lot of people out there that can't run 6 1/2 miles like I did today and there are a lot of people out there that would love to run my pace (which by the way is not fast).  I got a new perspective on running today and it added some umph to my motivation bucket. Maybe a marathon isn't close in my future but a 5K is and then maybe a 10K and then a great half and it those go well and my foot holds up we will brave the marathon again next year.
So, if you need some motivation find a new view for your next run.  Just keep running! Corrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.