Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkey stuffer!!

Hi! How was your weekend?  Mine was pretty nice. Saturday I started the day out with a run on the treadmill. At first I was not that excited  to run on the treadmill but with the schedules we had that day I really had no other options. To be honest it turned out to be a very nice six miles. I felt really good and it was nice to just run. I turned on pandora and the first song that came on was an oldie but a goodie. It was Erasure: Take a chance on me. That started my mood out great. As I ran on the treadmill I was more like run/dancing. If only you could have seen my arm movements they were totally awesome.  So all in all a great run on the treadmill.

This week is the 5K turkey stuffer. I have a time goal for this race. I have never run a 5K with a time goal in mind. The one's I have run I am usually just running for the fun of it. I have to be honest with a goal I am kinda nervous. My running hasn't been the greatest as of late but this has given me some motivation to keep going.

What about you are you running a turkey stuffer?

Also, this morning I read a great post by Dorothy over on mile post. I have been reading her blog for a while now and I really like her. She is an amazing runner who has an amazing story. Her post today was about dieting and food. I really like her thoughts about this and I feel the same. Check it out if you like. 

2 comments:

  1. My friends and I are running our own Turkey Trot! We plan on running around 4 miles and include a couple of big hills. I was able to run this morning and it felt good (I have a chest cold and cough, not fun) we totally dominated our big hill at the end of our run today. Glad your back in the running, and I can totally see the hand gestures while you run. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh ---- THE PIcTURE!! Brings back so many memories of you kids, the house must have been on Jefferson?? Enjoy reading about your thoughts. Everyone needs a way to renew and restore themselves.
    Johanna did you ever color in side the lines? You know how to tackle life and make it fun.

    ReplyDelete

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.