Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Running with the Turkeys Recap!

I love that my sister is blogging about running again.  She is my inspiration.  I love the picture she posted of us as little girls.  The picture was taken Christmas morning.  We both got those fancy shirts from our Aunt and I loved that mine was an ice cream cone.

I have a recap from my 1st Annual, "Run With The Turkeys" race.  It wasn't actually a "real" race, my friend and I didn't want to pay the $20 to sign up for the Community Turkey Trot... so we made up our own race.  We had a total of 3 runners.  No timers, No worries, we just had a good time.  However, I did make us some pretty fashionable race bibs. They were not as nice as real race bibs, but people drove by and wondered where the race was.  We told them we left them in the dust, and then my friend gobbled at them! Just kidding, not about the gobbling though.  

After reading my sister's recap I realized how different we are! She is ultra competitive, and me not so much, sort of.  When we were younger I was chosen for the teams because I was tall, could run pretty fast, and most of the time I could catch.  They chose my sister because she was out for BLOOD! And she could run fast, and catch all of the time!  I'm glad she's like that because I would have NEVER played softball if she wouldn't have signed up first, or basketball, or water skiing, and certainly I would not be running if it weren't for her.  Some of us need that nudge to get us going, and then there's me who needs a BIG nudge! Thanks for keeping me going.

(I wanted to show how lovely our bibs were, not how lovely I look in this picture!)

My goal for December is to just keep running.  Johanna :) 

1 comment:

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.