Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Therapy Sessions

I have been MIA in the blog world.  There for awhile I was MIA in the running world too.  I had some big changes in my life that were causing me  a lot of stress.  I was moving to another town and not able to find a place to go in the time frame I had.  I was also sad to leave my friends who I grew to love and were always there for me, and I was sad to leave a town I loved living in as well and being so close to my 92 year old grandma.  So, I would set out on a run and get all sentimental and start crying on my run! (I know, pathetic, but I know you have a route that you run that is your favorite go-to route) But soon I was crying not only on my run, but pretty much at the drop of a hat.  I knew everything was going to work out just fine and that my life would go on, and so on the outside I was calm, cool, and collected.  However, on the inside, I was a jumble of nerves who couldn't sleep.  Feeling like a zombie, running was the last thing I could think of doing.  I kept telling myself if I could just go for a run I could think much clearer and it would settle my nerves.  But the exhaustion would win and another day would go by without me running.

After finally getting moved  I knew I needed to start running again.  I kept thinking about the title of this blog and how running, in the past, had cleared my head and made life a little bit easier to handle. I was  finally able to sleep so the exhaustion was gone but now I needed someone to nudge me just a little.  So, I texted a friend and asked her if she wanted to run.  Our first run was a hill run! YIKES! I hadn't run a hill in, hmmm, yea not really trained on many hills! But I did it! And I felt great.

At first I just wanted to run.  I didn't want any expectations of training for anything or running at a certain pace I was out there to feel better.  It worked too.  It was fun to be out running with someone and hashing out our day-to-day problems, AND running up some pretty big hills!




Works for me! :) 

I'm ready to be pushed, and I sort of need some goals to work toward to keep me going.  So I gathered my posse and I'm signing up for the Ogden, Utah Half marathon.  I sent out the invite to some friends and family because I need the support, and it also holds me accountable.  If someone else is running because I talked them into it, you can bet I'll be training. If any of you reading want to run with me, or around me, or even if front of me (I'm ok with that) sign up, and hurry it fills up fast (last year only took 5 days) Registration starts Nov. 10 at 6am Mountain time. It's not until May 19, 2012, but it gives me (and you! :) plenty of time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share how you are shifting to a higher gear.